New Zealand Development Schloarships
- University of Auckland – Disaster Management, Geothermal Energy Technology, Energy
- University of Waikato – AgriBusiness, MsC (Technology), Earth Sciences, Engineering
- Massey University – AgriCommerce, AgriScience, Environmental Management, Engineering Studies
- University of Canterbury – Hazard & Disaster Management, Water Resource Management, Engineering Geology, Engineering Studies
- Lincoln University – Agricultural Science, Commerce (Agricultural)
Scholarships will support study that will assist in the sustainable economic development of a student's home country, with preference given to study in renewable energy, disaster risk management and agriculture.
A range of high-quality options is available, including semester-long Postgraduate Certificates, 1-2 year-long Postgraduate Diplomas and Masters Degrees.
The scholarships include financial support for tuition, living costs while in New Zealand, and airfares. Applicants may also be entitled to return travel to their home country to see dependent family members under the "Reunion Airfare Entitlement". Additionally, scholarship awardees are eligible to work part-time, and the partners of students are eligible for a work visa that allows them to live and work in New Zealand for the duration of their partner's study.
Please see the attached "Background" and "Information Sheet for Applicants from the Caribbean" for detailed information regarding the programs of study, eligibility criteria and application process. Please also refer to the "New Zealand Development Scholarships" webpage:
IMPORTANT: Note that complete applications must reach the preferred New Zealand education institute by 2 December 2013.